Malpartida Fluxus Village participates on the 45 edition of ALCINE (Festival de Cine de Alcalá de Henares). Pantalla Cero Section.
MALPARTIDA FLUXUS VILLAGE
A FILM BY MARÍA PEREZ
4:3 / DCP / Color /2015 /73' / Spanish, German, English
The real museum is out there.
Ther German artist Wolf Vostell and his family moved to a little village in Cáceres (Extremadura/Spain) in the seventies. In the middle of this primitive environment, he founded a contemporary art museum in connection with the local inhabitants, thus turning Malpartida into the first Fluxus village. Fluxus artists return to Malpartida after so many years to pay homage to Vostell on what whould have been his eightieth birthday...
Malpartida Fluxus Village
Spanish / German / English
Las Palmas International Film Festival 2015
- DIRECTED AND WRITTEN BY María Pérez
- PRODUCED BY Smiz & Pixel and Agencia Audiovisual Freak
- PRODUCERS Andrea Gautier, Juan Gautier, Millán Vázquez and María Pérez
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Andrea Gautier
- DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY Santiago Racaj
- DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION Andrea Gautier and Juan Gautier
- STILLS PHOTOGRAPHER Jaime Olmedo
- FILM EDITING BY Carlos Egea
- SONIDO RECORDIST Curro Álvarez
- SOUND EDITITING BY Roberto Fernández
- COLOUR CORRECTION: New Folder
MARIA PÉREZ (Director and screenwriter)
- Malpartida Fluxus Village. Full-length documentary. Spain. 2015.
- Ejercicio 3. Documental. Experimental documentary. Belgium. 2013.
- Robin & Robin. Fiction Short Film. Belgium. 2011.
- Androides. Fiction Short Film. Spain. 2010.
- Nombres Propios. Documentary Short Film. Spain. 2010.
- Al final del Corredor. Fiction Short Film. Spain. 2009.
- Discordia. Experimental Video. Spain. 2008.
MARÍA PÉREZ was born in Plasencia in 1984. She moved to Cáceres at the age of eight and has, since then, become connected to the Vostell family and their Fluxus Museum in Malpartida. She graduated in Audiovisual Communication at Complutense University in Madrid and ended her university studies in Rome in the cinema section at La Sapienza. On her return to Spain, she joined the ECAM where she has completed a three-year specialization in Film Direction. Her short films have been screened at several festivals and museums around the world and she has received several awards. María attended the eighth edition of the Berlinale Talent Campus and the past edition of the Short Film Corner at the Cannes Festival with her short film “Robin & Robin”.
NEWS - FESTIVALS
María Pérez, "Malpartida Fluxus Village" Director, speaks of the film in the program RTVE "Días de Cine" (from 3:14)